Practice is at 3:45-5:45p today and everyday this week (and every week for the remainder of the season). Here are todays training charts for the SPRINTERS/JUMPERS/HURDLERS:
Please have your splits written down PRIOR TO PRACTICE.
Use the charts below and follow these instructions:
- If you are a short sprinter (100m/200m) use the GREEN CHART. If you are a long sprinter (300H/400m), use the PURPLE CHART. If you are unsure which type of sprinter you are, check the projection chart, it is highlighted accordingly.
- On the PROJECTION chart (it has your name somewhere on it), write down your highlighted time. For example, Josh’s projected 200m time is 21.45 (highlighted in green because he is a short sprinter).
- On the PERCENTAGE chart, locate the column with the time closest to your projected time (the time you already wrote down). For example, Josh would locate the 21.5 column on the GREEN CHART since he has a projected time of 21.45 and is a short sprinter. He would NOT use the 21.0 column because 21.45 is much closer to 21.5 than 21.0.
- Short sprinters: Write down the 50, 100, and 150 split listed in the corresponding column. Long sprinters: Write down the 100, 200, and 250m split listed in the corresponding column. For example, Josh would write down these times on his arm: 50: 5.9 / 100: 11.8 / 150: 17.7
- Check the projection chart and memorize your training group number. Get familiar with who else is in your training group (training groups are labeled 1-9 for boys and 1-7 for girls).
- Be on time to practice and be prepared to follow instructions.