Monday, Feb 26 will be the first day of the outdoor track & field season. Location will depend on the weather – check Coach Kohuth’s door or https://easthightrack.org to find out the location. Be prepared to run inside or outside.
A few things to keep in mind:
- In order to attend practice, you must have turned in your yellow card and signed 2018 track policies to Coach Kohuth (room 225) or Coach Chambers. If you don’t have a yellow card, click here to follow the steps to get one. If you turn in both of these items before practice, you can attend practice with the team.
- Our first meet is Wednesday, March 7. In order to participate, you need to attend a minimum of 5 practices before the meet and be academically eligible as of March 5.
- We will issue uniforms on Monday, March 5 and Tuesday March 6 at 2:45 pm to those who have attended 5 practices, remain academically eligible and are competing in the March 7 meet.
- Bring cold weather running/training clothes to school each day. Spring weather is variable and unpredictable.
- Keep in mind that, first and foremost, we are a team. We need to work together and be supportive of each other if we are to achieve our team goals this season. Any one who bullies or hazes another team member will not be allowed to participate in meets. We are all Angels – keep the Angel spirit kind and strong.
- If you missed Spike Night at Runner’s Roost, you can still receive the East discount of 15% at the Colorado Blvd store. Be sure to let them know you are on the East Track and Field team.
- Listen to your coaches, train hard and enjoy the 2018 Track & Field season!